Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Shooting Stars


A Shooting Star as seen from space

Many of my fondest memories come from those lonely nights gazing into the Colorado night skies.  No matter how many times it happens it still amazes me.  That brief moment in which I notice a glimmer of light that fades as fast as it came.  I almost consider myself lucky every time I see a shooting star.  I still remember the feeling of amazement I experienced the first time I saw one standing alone in an open wheat field.


Today my family takes time to look in the back yard to gaze into the night sky and believe it or not we have seen a few even with all the city lights.  I guess you just have to take some time to look and examine.

I am told that shooting stars are actually quite common and happen all the time.   It’s just that we don’t see them because we are not looking.  Sure the city lights might dim them, but I can tell you that I have seen many more sitting in my back yard over this past year than I ever did the previous ten.

What is the difference?  Well, my viewpoint!  As silly as it sounds it comes down to where I am looking and this past year we have taken time to look up.  We bought a telescope, take the time and relax in our backyard.  And wholla, the shooting stars appear!

God is a lot like that, He was always there, it was just my distracted view of life that caused me to miss Him.  He has never changed, but my life changed so much I would forget He was up there.

Remember that the next time you are compelled to believe that God is distant, angry, or vengeful, cause they are all myths.

(1 John 4:8)  “Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 

Praying you will bust the myths about God, cause they are the hardest to conquer.

No comments: