Monday, February 6, 2012

In Your Corner

(Psalm 37:23-25) “The steps of a man are established by the Lord, and he delights in His way. When he falls, he shall not be hurled headlong; because the Lord is the One who holds his hand. I have been young, and now I am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, or His descendants begging bread.”

Growing up I watched a movie that still impacts me to this day. I still quote a line from the movie in the form of a single word. I was excited when I moved to Maryland and was able to travel and see the city and the steps in which one of the iconic scenes was filmed. What is the movie you ask, “ROCKY”

Yep I am sure you have seen it as well and you have probably quoted that same line ... “ADRIAN” Over and over again. For me it was that raspy voiced trainer, Mickey, that always yelled at Rocky that sticks with me. It was not His yelling, but that one thing Micky had that others did not. He believed in Rocky!

We talked about it for five weeks on how important it is to believe in someone. So my question is, who are you believing in? The reason you are reading this is somebody believed in you, bottom line. Somebody gave you a great gift. Not a new house or a new car, not winning the lottery; the greatest gift one human being gives to another is to believe in them. There is no gift that equals the gift to believe in somebody.

So, I want to give everyone an assignment right now. The assignment is, that within two hours of you reading this, you will tell at least three people the three most powerful words a human can hear. I believe in you!
In the next two hours tell three people, I believe you can do it. I believe you can change a life today, I believe that your life matters to not just yourself but to others.

Let's do that together; I believe in you.

Thank you, Lord for believing in us. When there was no reason to believe in us, you believed in us. When we could not believe in ourselves you believed in us. Then you sent people into our lives, who in a tangible way believed in us. So, even as we are reflecting back on our life and we begin to think about how we are going to send a Facebook message, or a twitter, or an email, or a text, or a phone call, or a card, or a letter; whatever shape or form it might be, as we reflect on our life, we want to stop by and say thank you. But as we look forward to our life, help us to discover, help us to develop and help us to deploy. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

No comments: