Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Believe


If you have been around church much you most likely heard this scripture about prayer,

“Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” (James 5:16)

No doubt that is a great prayer, but is that a safe prayer or one of high risk? You be the judge, but I know in my life the riskiest prayers where ones I prayed like this:

“God I realize that I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me of that sin. I understand that the results of my sin can be taken away and I ask now that you remove me from all the consequences of my actions, BUT I believe you are just and I accept (if You choose) to allow those consequences to take hold.”

These are prayers of exposure, now that is risky! You are saying to God I trust You, I believe You have my best interest at heart even if that means I am exposed for what I have done. Pray like David prayed in which he asked God to find any offensive way in him and expose it, remove it and make a holy person from the process. So, how risky are your prayers? If you are ready pray Jeremiah’s prayer today!
Jeremiah's Prayer
I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps. Correct me, LORD, but only with justice— not in your anger, lest you reduce me to nothing. (Jeremiah 10:23-24)

No comments: