Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Positive Thinking


When I was growing up I had many experiences that taught me that I was less than I really was. Ironically I was growing in my body and learning more knowledge but belief in myself was shrinking.
I see this in my kids all the time. Both are really young and so they think very highly of themselves, sometimes too much! They think they can do anything, from jumping across from couch to couch to randomly tackling each other with no regards to the outcome. The latest great thought my son has was to show his sister how he could climb up the stairs on the OUTSIDE of the banister. My wife heard our daughter laughing (we both knew that laugh was a bit odd) and she came around the corner only to see Nathan holding on by his little hands 18 feet in the air. Let’s just say we changed his thinking on that matter!
Their little minds tell them they can do or be anything, but somewhere along the line you and me lost that grand thinking. Maybe it was because of a negative experience in which we are now saying “I’ll never do that again” or because of people that told us it could not be done. Nevertheless, we all have to, at some point in our adult life, recapture that possible thinking and remove the shackles of the “impossible”.
By the time I was in college I would walk around with my head hung low all the time until a friend pointed it out and I changed what I did not realize I was doing. I had let years of negativity effect me so much I would show it on the outside.
What thinking to you allow in your life? Is it stinkin’ thinking or positive thinking? The great life Jesus has waiting for you, requires a submitted mind to Him. This will allow your spirit to lead and your head to help.
What decision have you made to change your thinking? Find one of these items and do it this week.

1. Find a plan to control your thoughts.
2. Find a place to think your thoughts.
3. Find a person to stretch your thoughts.
4. Find a purpose to land your thoughts.
5. Find a power to fuel your thoughts.

Philippians 4:7) “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Just for today…I will practice and develop good thinking

No comments: