Sunday, February 1, 2009

Victory


Living with God on the next level requires us to live IN the victory that Jesus gave us through His death and resurrection. When I was in college I was challenged by God to make this shift. Without even realizing it, I was outwardly showing that I was not living in God’s victory. One day my resident adviser on my wing stopped me and asked me why I always walked around campus with my head down. Inwardly I felt defeated and even though I tried not to show it I could not help it.

Was I saved? Yes! Was I living it out, No! I had to begin to change my thinking and stop focusing on all the distractions in my life and begin to live out the victory Christ gave me. Our lives should be full of thanksgiving for what an amazing victory we live in. Additionally this victory over sin and death should be illustrated by us, demonstrated by us to the world!

“But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.” (2 Corinthians 2:14)

We should be the ones that draw out the descriptions, bring the color and display those images of the victory won by Christ. Does your life demonstrate this victory? Is it vivid with victory or mundane monotone? Pray and let the Holy Spirit illustrate God’s victory for you and live in victorious color.

“But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Corinthians 15:57)

No comments: