Friday, December 12, 2008

Altitude or Attitude


The Bible tells us that our attitudes are a key component to living well with God and with others. At the core of each day lies our attitude. What condition it is in will be the single most determining factor as to how productive we are, how much we enjoy the day, whether we love or hate.

I always get a kick out of riding in airplanes, not because of the freaked out people that hate to fly or because they serve such great meals! No, I enjoy it because of the perspective it gives me. No other time in my life do I see the things I see than when I am flying. The normal and mundane become exciting and fresh. And the new and undiscovered become my possibilities of tomorrow. What gives me that great experience is the airplane; for surely I nor can you fly on our own.

Attitudes are that commercial airliner. They can ground us, making us sit in a cramped angry space for hours or they can lift us to new heights and take us farther and faster than ever before. Don’t let your attitude control one minute of bad behavior. Control it, better yet, surrender it to Jesus Christ and remember He controlled his attitude long before we had to.

“Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death— even death on a cross!” (Philippians 2:5-8)

No comments: